Thursday, November 28, 2013

Counting My Blessings on Thanksgiving


The time has come when we gather with family and friends for one of the largest meals of the year.   We eat, talk, eat, laugh, eat, lounge around, eat, watch TV, oh yeah, did I mention eat? until our hearts -and stomachs- cannot handle a smidgen more.

At church this past Sunday, I received the biggest blessing through the children’s choir.  They all gathered on the stage and sang the sweetest rendition of "Count Your Blessings."  Don’tchya just love when children get to their favorite part of a song and they sing it at the top of their lungs?  Well, they all sang beautifully but when it came to the chorus, their little faces lit up and they literally belted out the lyrics:

Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your many blessings, see what God hath done..

The Lord has most definitely blessed me beyond measure and more than I ever deserve.  In the spirit of the Thanksgiving season, I wanted to list my top 5 blessings that I am thankful for today:

1)      MY SALVATION.  I thank the Lord that He saw fit to send His only Son to earth only for Him to die on the cross for our sins.  My sins (and yours) have been washed away by the Blood of Christ even when I am so unworthy.  If you do not know Christ as your own personal Savior, I pray that you seek Him and ask Him into your heart.  I promise, it will bring a peace like no other.

2)      MY MR.  He is the Peanut Butter to my Jelly, the Flip to my Flop, the Macaroni to my Cheese, the Bumble to my Bee, the Shake to my Bake, the Sprinkles to my Sundae, the Blue in my Sky, the Spring in my Step, the Twinkle in my Eye, the Beat of my Heart and the ULTIMATE Love of my Life. 

3)      MY FAMILY.  I just love my family –immediate, extended, in-laws, all of them.  They may drive me nutty at times, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.  I do not live far away from my hometown (like 30 minutes, people) but sometimes it seems like an eternity away.  I find myself missing them more and more each day.  Hey guys, can you please move closer to me?  I know it is Jackson County, but if I can tolerate it, then you can too.   I would love for the Mr. and I to move to Macon County to be closer to you, but I think I have a better chance of participating in an Olympic event before that would happen. *for real*

4)      MY FRIENDS.  Friends make life a little brighter.  Plus it is always good to have someone who knows what you are thinking before you even say it…that alone can keep you out of trouble. Ha!  My girlfriends are the bestest ever.  Even though the majority of them live away we always pick up where we left off…even after a few years!

5)      MY HOME.  Although, it may not be our dream home (that will come in time) it is ours.  We have taken things from our single lives and blended them among things from our life together making our house a home.  It is warm and cozy in the cold months as well as fresh and cool in the warm months.  There have been many conversations, laughs, whispered prayers and baked goods within these walls.  I hope and pray that we continue to make memories in our little home by the creek.

The Mr. and I are heading out the door (with fresh apple cake in tow) to my parent’s house for our Thanksgiving meal.   I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and remember to count your blessings!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!